Since I last posted, I have had a birthday. I am now 47 years old. Well, age is just a number. Right? Right?
I'm back full-time again. What a roller-coaster. I have a job interview coming up in the frozen North ... don't want to go but I have to have a Plan B in case this thing doesn't work out.
R is here now and looking for work. We are sharing a vehicle because his lay down and died in Memphis (actually en route between Memphis and F's school, and wasn't that convenient) which relieved him of the necessity of making that goshawful drive again. He'll get another car or truck when he finds a job.
Things I like about central Florida:
- The weather. It's much, much nicer than I'd been led to expect.
- The proximity to the coasts. When F was here for fall break we drove to Cocoa Beach (reminds us dinosaurs of "I Dream of Jeannie") and I started out to wade in the water ... ended up pretty well immersed, fully clothed (shorts/t-shirt) to R's amusement and F's disapproval. Lots of fun.
- Publix grocery stores. Clean, bright, lots of nice stuff, good prices, workers with good attitudes.
- Did I mention I saw the space shuttle go up?
- Lots of stuff to do. I'm really looking forward to Sea World.