To read about F's and my London trip, start here and click "newer post" to continue the story.

Monday, September 22, 2008

I have finally entered the 21st century.

Today at work I made a powerpoint presentation all by myself. I had never done it before, ever. There was only moderate swearing.

I think F would be proud of me. Back in 8th grade, which is 8 years ago, she and some of her classmates had to do a ppt about bioethics. They chose cloning as a subject. F and one of her friends had powerpoint, so they put the thing together, emailing it back and forth and incorporating the input of the other group members. F drew a really cute sheep in Paint and it scooted onto the slide about Dolly, followed by bullet points. At the end of the presentation they rolled credits, and since F was (is?) a Weird Al fan they ran "I Think I'm A Clone Now" in the background. (You can listen to that here if you've a mind.)

I didn't have any special effects on mine. Boring, I know. Maybe next time.

1 comment:

Mrs. Who said...

Kudos for you stepping into the modern age!

I need to go to Power Points Anonymous because I have no clue about how to do one. And I plan to keep it that way.