To read about F's and my London trip, start here and click "newer post" to continue the story.

Saturday, November 07, 2009

It seemed to us that we had a very warm October, and I wondered if global warming was finally upon us. But it turns out that Florida appeared to be an exception.

Cooled down today, plus lots of wind (from Ida, somehow?) and we hung out a bit, ending up as usual at Lake Morton.

You can feed some of the birds by hand but I always draw back quickly because I'm afraid they'll bite me. Some of the birds are a bit jumpy too.



The pelicans are back.



Ibises like to hang out with them. They look like they must be related, but the pelicans look a lot calmer. The ibises are a bit frenetic. Maybe that goes with being smaller.



Sometimes when the pelicans are resting they turn their heads all the way around and nestle their beaks between their wings. It is the strangest looking thing.

2 comments:

ms.native@hotmail.net said...

You have that photography down!

Laura(southernxyl) said...

We really like our camera. It's a Canon PowerShot A 590 and I don't believe you can get them anymore.