To read about F's and my London trip, start here and click "newer post" to continue the story.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

OK, it's official and I can talk about it now. They're closing my workplace. My division is being moved to Kalamazoo, Michigan some time in the next year or so. I have been offered relocation, so if I can't replace my job here, I will be a gal in Kalamazoo. Quite a change for this Southern girl. My boss and I are flying up for a couple of days next week to get started with the transition.

R goes back and forth on the pro's and cons of moving. F takes a dim view.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

will you then be "xsouthernxyl"?

Laura(southernxyl) said...

Oh, I don't know! I'll probably be southernxyl as long as I retain my accent!

Anonymous said...

true--if you're a lifelong southerner, it will take a long while for your accent to fade.

my southern indiana accent (most people would call it redneck or southern) faded after a couple of years being away, but i was only a teen when i left.