To read about F's and my London trip, start here and click "newer post" to continue the story.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I added Nzingha's blog to my sidebar. I've been reading her stuff for quite some time. Nzingha lives in Saudi Arabia with her husband, "Mr. Man", and her four cute kids. I should have added her at the beginning of summer, when she and her mother and children went to Kuala Lumpur for a fairytale vacation that those of us who had to WORK all summer got to enjoy vicariously.

Nzingha wants to be a virtuous wife and mother, and raise her kids to be Godly people (if Muslims use that term) and she appreciates living in a country in whose culture she has some expectation of support in those goals. But her current post is about an unspeakable miscarriage of justice in SA. This is horrifying to her, partly because it just is, and partly because it is rationalized by people who pervert Islam and the teachings of the Koran to try to justify evil. I ask all of my two or three readers to join me in praying for the woman Nzingha writes about, and for justice for everyone in SA.

And for those who may feel a bit self-righteous that we don't have this kind of abomination in the West, may I direct your attention to the post below this one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The sad thing is...there are many more incidents that go unheard...and hushed by families and tribes.

Laura(southernxyl) said...

What's the solution?

They say sunlight is the best disinfectant. If these things are reported openly, and people are forced to acknowledge that they happen, maybe the courts will be shamed into straightening up. It may be blogs like Nzingha's that bring that about. Freedom of expression is a very powerful thing.