To read about F's and my London trip, start here and click "newer post" to continue the story.

Friday, January 12, 2007

Tertia has a couple of posts about a kid in South Africa who made prank emergency calls from his cell phone and caused a lot of trouble. (Scroll past her funny post about her terrible-two twins. Actually, read it as you scroll. I feel for her.) Tertia wonders what punishment would be appropriate for him, and how much the parents ought to be held responsible.

One of the guys at work told me his son, age 15, had to do 50 hours of community service because he spray-painted his name, in letters 6 feet tall, on a brand-new freshly-painted water tower. I said, "His OWN name? He didn't have enough sense to paint somebody ELSE'S name?" I'm sorry ... I know it's vandalism and all ... but I think it's really funny.

No comments: