To read about F's and my London trip, start here and click "newer post" to continue the story.

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Art has lost its mind.

Y'all know what I'm talking about.

Shvarts explains her 'repeated self-induced miscarriages'

(and let me say that I do think the whole thing was a hoax - the "fabricators" she refers to are herself.)

When considering my own bodily form, I recognize its potential as extending beyond its ability to participate in a normative function. While my organs are capable of engaging with the narrative of reproduction . the time-based linkage of discrete events from conception to birth . the realm of capability extends beyond the bounds of that specific narrative chain. These organs can do other things, can have other purposes, and it is the prerogative of every individual to acknowledge and explore this wide realm of capability.

Translation:

When I contemplate my body, I realize that it can do unusual things. While I [probably] could have a baby, that is not the limit of the capabilities of my reproductive organs. If I want to, I can see what else they can do.

LIKE WHAT, FOR INSTANCE? Have painful periods and make a mess? Is there a (lucky) girl out there who doesn't know that? Call me when her reproductive organs have constructed a replica of the Eiffel Tower.

(And what's with the weird punctuation?)

No comments: