To read about F's and my London trip, start here and click "newer post" to continue the story.

Saturday, January 10, 2009

We took F to the airport today, to travel back to her school and begin her last semester. We'll miss her. The cats will definitely miss her. We were still in Orlando when she arrived in Mississippi, because we decided to check out the Mall At Millennia there. I had a couple of gift cards burning a hole in my pocket.

They say they are upscale. And they're right. Valet parking tipped us off to begin with. And then the stores. I suppose I've never actually been to a Bloomingdale's before. Well, Bloomie's is one thing, but we went into one store and were kind of drawn to a little two-button jacket - not a jacket for cold weather, but the kind of thing you might want to take into a movie theater, for instance, in case it's over-airconditioned. Very cute. Sucker was over $1,000. The very nice saleswoman said it was 40% off. Okay, it's over $600. Well, at least R and I thought it looked very cute before we realized how expensive it was. It's always kind of unsettling to discover something is very expensive after you've concluded it's one of the ugliest things you've ever seen.

I didn't even go in the Jimmy Choo store.

My Talbot's gift cards were definitely spent, though, and a little bit more. They were having a nice sale too, and 40% or 50% off at Talbot's doesn't move "out-of-reach" to "out-of-reach" (more like "ouch" to "ok").

No comments: