To read about F's and my London trip, start here and click "newer post" to continue the story.

Monday, February 27, 2006

I need to go to bed, but before I do I have one more thing to say. This is kind of in reference to a conversation I'm having elsewhere.

A few years ago a white couple were driving in a pickup truck somewhere in rural Tennessee. A car with some black folks came up behind. The pickup driver reached his arm around to the Confederate flag he had on the back of his truck and kind of waggled it at them. They pulled up alongside the truck and shot and killed him.

Really.

When they were caught, they and his wife told the same story and they were charged and convicted of murder.

I asked my husband if it's possible to say that those black guys were unregenerate murderers and at the same time say that the white guy was a ridiculous a-hole. He assures me that it is.

No comments: