To read about F's and my London trip, start here and click "newer post" to continue the story.

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Funeral yesterday. Short and sweet. This was my husband's brother's ex-wife, who had a diagnosis of pancreatic cancer recently and that was that.

I have to say that I have never heard Elvis played at a funeral before. It was "Precious Lord, Take My Hand" (not the MLK funeral version) but although the tape was cued up the preacher hit the wrong button and we heard the opening strains of "Man of Constant Sorrow" for a moment. Everyone laughed. Lynn would have loved that. She probably would have said he should go on and play that instead.

3 comments:

Flaurella said...

I love that song. Hope W4D and the kids play it at my funeral. I have a list of fave songs I mention to my daughter for when my time comes. As long as everyone celebrates my life and smiles at my funeral, I shall be pleased.

My condolences for your loss.

Flaurella said...

Oops! I meant to write, I just love "Man of Constant Sorrow."

I wish your SIL peace and light. My regrets on your loss

Laura(southernxyl) said...

Thank you. I wish her peace and light too ... I think she deserves it.