To read about F's and my London trip, start here and click "newer post" to continue the story.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

I added Cute Overload to my side bar. I need to look at some fuzzy kittens and bunnies every now and then. Things are kind of weird.

My coworker Libby from my previous job called me at work to say that she had moved on. While we were talking, my phone light came on. It was the previous boss wanting me to come back and do a little consulting work while they figured out what to do next. I don't want to go back to that job - I'll go to Kalamazoo first - but it won't be unwelcome to have a little extra walking-around money.

R actually said to me today that he wants to go to K. I think it's the traffic. Or maybe it's the weather. Our AC cut out yesterday. He was able to fix it this afternoon (my hero) but he had to spend a couple of hours with a hacksaw making tbe metal shaft he had to buy fit the structure. The temperature in the house is now down to 79F, a vast improvement over 90+.

There's some pretty strange stuff going on at work. Maybe it's inevitable with the decision to close the local facility. I don't like it very much. There's a nice severence package if I don't relocate but just stick it out here, but I think maybe I'd rather just say "so long and thanks for all the fish". R will support whatever. F's view of Kalamazoo is less dim since she was attacked by a palmetto bug the other night, in her bedroom, and I told her they don't have those in Michigan.

No comments: