To read about F's and my London trip, start here and click "newer post" to continue the story.

Friday, February 06, 2009

Too grim lately.

Today the boss happened to mention that he knows a woman who married into a lot of money, so that she is now the idle rich; she went off to California or somewhere to have some "work" done, and looks about 20 years younger.

I said that I don't understand the point of trying to turn back the clock by having "work" done, or even wanting to. "I am 48 years old," I said. "I lived every one of those years. I have no desire to delete any of them or to pretend that they didn't happen."

Kristina said, "When I die, I want to look like hell!"

We all cracked up.

1 comment:

Kate P said...

Maybe it's like how there are people who like their houses to look "lived-in," and those who like them to resemble museums?