To read about F's and my London trip, start here and click "newer post" to continue the story.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

F went back to school today after fall break. Her dad took her back so I didn't have to miss work. I did go with him on Friday to pick her up.

Saturday we went to Shelby Farms because the weather was just too pretty to stay indoors. It's strange going there with her, a young woman, because it's so easy for the mind's eye to see her ten-year-old self struggling up the path on her roller skates. And apparently it's not only her dad's and my mind's eyes. She and I went into the ranger station so I could visit the ladies', and while she was waiting for me someone asked if she was lost. Poor F ... maybe she should wear a big sign around her neck: "I AM NINETEEN YEARS OLD."

No comments: