To read about F's and my London trip, start here and click "newer post" to continue the story.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Work is still going OK. I am taking on Environmental (not Health and Safety, at least not yet,) even though the quality system still isn't in place. Why? you ask. Because I opened my mouth and asked some questions about the sewer permit. The sewer permit is just fine, but we have a copy of Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater winging its way to us now. We needed it anyway. It has some really cool and useful discussions of significant figures, normality of concentrated acids, and statistical stuff like outlier tests, as well as specific procedures for things that should be no-brainers (taking pH with a meter) but aren't. Any self-respecting lab ought to have a copy.

In other news - I poached a person from my previous workplace, which is closing some time in the not-too-distant future. And there is one more person I want to poach. I am so bad.
: )

No comments: