To read about F's and my London trip, start here and click "newer post" to continue the story.

Friday, June 01, 2007

I have a j. i. in Florida next week. The thought of Florida was strange at first but the idea has grown on us. The area where my job would be has an extremely low crime rate, which is a huge consideration. And we love the idea of being able to day-trip to the beach.

Naturally, I have to think about clothes once again. I have a nice navy suit but it's a skirted suit, and I don't think I want to wear a skirt and heels all day long schlepping around the plant and so forth. Business casual it will be, but I don't want to dress like a Target employee, not that there's anything wrong with working for Target; it's an honorable paying job.

R and I went to the mall today and I found absolutely zilch. It's hard to express exactly what I want. Don't want black or white. Nothing fussy. Nothing old-looking. Serious but not grim. Not overly tailored. It will have to pack well, because I'm flying in the night before. I suppose I'll hit Talbot's and such tomorrow. Also have an appt for a haircut in the morning and I'll have to think about what I want.

All of this, of course, is totally beside the point of the actual interview, in which I will view the company and think what my job would be like there and whether I would like it. And if I do, how to express to them that they must hire me.

: )

1 comment:

CreoleInDC said...

Think of if YOU want THEM! The confidence will show through and it will let them know they are dealing with a STAR!