To read about F's and my London trip, start here and click "newer post" to continue the story.

Friday, June 15, 2007

So I had told the Florida person that I would let him know *something* by the end of the week, after I had gone to Chattanooga. I called today to tell him that I neither *had* to have the Chattanooga job, nor hated it, that I'm leaning toward the Florida job, but I want just a bit more time. He was very nice and said that they will all be disappointed if I don't come to Florida because apparently no one else will do.
: )
The folks in Chattanooga knew about the Florida thing and so they will not drag their feet, I told him. I'll give him a definite "yes" or "no" by the end of the next week.

Immediately afterward, the Chattanooga person called to say they were all definitely interested and thought I would be a great fit, and that he will be talking to his corporate people and calling me back with an offer early next week.

So I will have a decision to make. It's a good feeling. I told R that if I'm what you want, then you want me. "You" just probably aren't going to be in Memphis. And I have to say that I'm tired of having a lush for a state senator, a paranoid megalomaniac for a mayor, and city councilpeople who can't figure out how to pay their own utility bills but have the spending of my tax dollars. Maybe wherever I go I should just make it a point to not read any newspapers for a while.

My gut kind of says "Florida", not sure why. If they offer me bookoos of money in C then that will make a difference. You can fly nonstop one-way from Orlando to Memphis for $100. How about that.

Edited to add: In putting together references, I got hold of my former boss, Jane, who left the company we worked for rather than go to Kalamazoo, and moved to Madison, WI to work for a competitor. She asked several times if I didn't want to move to Madison. Uh, no. But thanks for asking.

2 comments:

class-factotum said...

I have a friend who got two job offers at the same time. He was going to turn Job A ($130K with a lot of travel) down in favor of Job B ($120K but no travel and everyone -- *everyone* -- walks out the door at 5:00). He gave Job A his reasons and they not only restructured the job to eliminate the travel but bumped the salary to $150.

If they want you, they want you! Congrats!

CreoleInDC said...

OPTIONS! Laura baby...you are doing it! I'm sooooooo happy for you! Just take your time deciding and focus on the quality of life aspects. (Personally...for some reason I'm feeling Florida too. LOL!)