To read about F's and my London trip, start here and click "newer post" to continue the story.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

I start my new job tomorrow.

Had an anxiety dream last night. On my first day, I went to the old place very early to just take care of something. I looked at the clock and it was 9:00. I had meant to be at the new job at 8:00. They would think I had abandoned my job. They would not want me. I was helpless to call, or leave to go over there right away. Then I woke up, thank goodness.

The thing is, I had that EXACT dream when I left the previous job, repeatedly. It's really pretty irritating. No more anxiety dreams, OK? I will be at my new job at 8:00 sharp. I will. Not going back to the old place for anything.

At the grocery store today an old man saw me and came toward me with a happy look of recognition and greeting. I flipped rapidly through the mental index cards and could not place him at all. It turned out that he was convinced that I was his physical therapist. I have never been a therapist, physical or any other kind. He was so sure that was me that he kept trying to think of my name so he could tell me who I was. And hadn't I just had a baby? Dang, I'll be 46 next month. He was really kind of rattled that I wasn't who I was supposed to be. That happens to me ALL THE TIME. I guess that I am a type. I usually just laugh it off and tell people no, they don't know me, and that I'll add them to my list.

No comments: