To read about F's and my London trip, start here and click "newer post" to continue the story.

Friday, September 15, 2006

So, last day today. I'm unemployed until Monday.

On Wednesday they gave me and Vickie, who left for a job with Homeland Security, a potluck lunch. It was really nice. I enjoyed the spinach dip, although if I'd known about the e. coli thing I probably wouldn't have; and the chicken salad, and the meatballs, and the pasta salad, and the strawberries with desert. That would really have been enough, but today I was taken to lunch at Molly's La Casita in Overton Square. It's one of my favorite lunch spots. I've had cards and hugs and sad looks for the past two weeks. I've promised to stay in touch. And I've promised to meet anybody who wants to at Starbucks on Saturdays to work on their resumes.

But I'm looking forward to the new job starting Monday. New people to get to know (they've been very nice so far) and new challenges.

No comments: